Monday, February 3, 2014

Well alrighty then!

I got word today that my repeat labs came back okay.  I will have to discuss those weird findings with my primary care physician and discuss where we go from here.  I have been told that it will not affect the transplant process or my health after.  *WHEW!!!*  Remember that "5-ish" weeks I was telling you all about last week?  That is officially 4 weeks and 2 days from now.  That's right boys and girls, I got work today that unless there is some ridiculously apocalyptic occurrence between now and then, I will be forever separated from Lefty.  Well physically anyway.  J will be the proud new owner of a shiny new kidney, and be availed of all the perks therein.  Like peeing normally and being able to eat french fries.  And I be able to say that I can leave a lasting legacy for my family.  I am so proud to be able to be a part of this process!  As I said previously, I only ever imagined donating an organ or tissue after my death, and I was totally okay with that.  But being able to do this while I am still living and breathing, and being able to walk down to my friends room and see that he is doing well means so much more to me than words can ever express.  And I will be the one to visit him first, because I want those french fries!!!  

All the above being said, I am fully aware that the next few weeks will be nothing short of a whirlwind.  I am also very aware that it will be very stressful; it already is.  I would be a lying liar who lies if I said that I wasn't scared to death, but I am amazingly fortunate to have awesome family and friends who have stepped up and offered their support in so many ways: they have listened when I want to talk about the process, offered help when the surgery happens, and kept me from losing my mind when I start to get scared.  I tend to get wrapped up inside my own thoughts sometimes, which leads to over-analyzing situations, which then leads to me freaking out.  I tend to have these "freak out sessions" with my friends, and they have been amazing.  I have not forgotten that I have those that aren't a part of this journey; I am disappointed, but I have obviously gotten this far without that support so I am fully confident that I will be without it afterward.  I like to think that I am a much stronger woman than people give me credit for.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I must go.  I have a few things to mull over and a lot of organizing to do.  And menu-planning, and a schedule for the kiddo for when I have out-of-town family down to help, and I have to shop for a new couch, and......

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment